Gifticuffs Ltd respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. We know there is a lot of information here, but we want you to be fully informed about your rights, we will also explain how we handle and store the data and how we keep it safe.
How we protect your personal data
Gifticuffs Ltd knows how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
- We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites using ‘https’ technology.
- Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information) is secured and tokenised to ensure it is protected.
- We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
Your data that we have collected
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity data includes first name and last name.
- Contact data means the data we use to contact you including your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number.
- Transaction data means details about transactions you have made on our website including the payments to and from you along with other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Financial data means the data we use to process your payments for your orders including your payment card details. We do not store or process your card details ourselves, they are processed and stored via one of our contracted third party service providers. We encrypt your payment card details in your browser and securely transfer this data to our relevant third party payment provider to process a payment.
- Technical data means details about the device(s) you use to access our website including your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage data includes information about how you use our website, products and services. This includes your browsing behaviour and information such as how long you might spend on one of our pages and what you look at and for how long you are on our website, the click stream to and from our website, page response times and page interaction information such as scrolling, clicks and mouseovers.
- Profile data includes your username (email address) and password, your login data, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Marketing and communications data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
When is your data collected/used?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including:
Direct interactions. You may give us your identity data, contact data, transaction data, profile data, financial data and marketing and communications data by using our website, filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you -
- Purchase a product or service (including gift cards) through our website;
- Create an account on our website;
- Request marketing to be sent to you;
- Enter a competition; or
- Give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect usage data and technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Please see our cookies policy for further details.
Third party sources of data & data sharing
We also collect/share data with the following providers:
- Necessary Service Providers: Sometimes, other businesses give us data about you which we may need for our legitimate interests of conducting business with you and on occasion they are essential to perform our contract with you. It usually comprises Financial Data or Transaction Data. This happens when we link through to third party payment providers such as Paypal or HSBC. They tell us that you have paid for your products and, where relevant and/or necessary they will provide us with your Contact Data and Transaction Data. We also might engage third party contractors to provide us with technical or delivery services that are related to your account with us.
- Professional Advisers and Investors: We may also share your data with professional advisers such as our lawyers and insurers to manage risks and legal claims, and/or as part of our relationship and obligations to our investor organizations. This is in our legitimate interests.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Mainly we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
By visiting this website with your browser settings adjusted to allow cookies, you are consenting to Gifticuffs Ltd using cookies for the purposes outlined below in order to provide you with a fully functional and efficient shopping experience.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file which is downloaded and stored on your computer or mobile device by websites that you visit. Where cookie technology is not available, an anonymous identifier may be used. An anonymous identifier is a random string of characters used for the same purposes as a cookie.
Your browser accesses the cookie file only when you visit the website that generated it. This helps to ease your navigation by automatically logging you in and remembering things like your preferences and what’s in your shopping basket. Cookies allow sites like ours to deliver you a personalised shopping experience.
The information stored within any given cookie can only be accessed by the website that created it and cookies are limited to communicating only the information that you have disclosed to the site.
We use the following types of cookie:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or use a shopping cart.
- Performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Third Party Cookies
When you visit our website you may notice some cookies that aren't related to Gifticuffs Ltd . If you go on to a web page that contains embedded content, for example from YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so please check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.